Technical information sheet
Hotel Frate Sole ***
di Tomassini Raimondo e Andrea s.n.c.
Via San Bernardino da Siena, 28
06081 Santa Maria degli Angeli
ASSISI (PG) – UMBRIA – ITALIA
Tel: +39 075 8043848
Fax: +39 075 8043828
Manager: Andrea Tomassini
The Hotel Frate Sole is just 200 meters from the Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli at Assisi, in the region of Umbria, 20 kilometers from Perugia. The hotel is close to the Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli Nord exit on the superstrada SS75. The quiet location is ideal for visiting Assisi, the various religious sites associated with St Francis and the entire Valle Umbra.
Guests have free use of the hotel parking area, accessible to cars and coaches.
D.M.S. : 43º 03′ 18,75″ N – 12º 34′ 31,05″ E
D.D. : +43.055208 – +12.575292
Altitude m. 211
The Hotel Frate Sole can be reached along the SS75 (joined at Orte along the A1 for those traveling from the south and at Valdichiana along the A1 for those traveling from the north). The Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli exit leads directly to the hotel.
Arriving from the North:
• From the E45 Cesena/Ravena take the exit for Assisi/Foligno/Spoleto, then exit at Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli Nord and at the roundabout take a right, then a left and you’ve arrived.
● Coming from the South:
•.From the Tyrrhenian coastline, leave the A1 motorway at Orte and continue along the E45 towards Terni. Before Terni turn onto the SS3bis in the direction of Perugia and continue towards Cesena. Exit at Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli Nord and at the roundabout take a right then a left and you’ve arrived.
•From the Adriatic coastline leave the A14 motorway at Macerata-Civitanova Marche and head towards Macerata. Then join the SS77 towards Rome, following signs to Roma/Camerino/Foligno/Visso until you are able to join the SS3 towards Perugia. Take the SS75 towards Foligno Nord/Perugia and exit at Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli Nord. At the roundabout take a right then a left and you’ve arrived.
The FS Perugia/Terni trainline stops at the station of Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli (1km from Hotel Frate Sole). It can be caught at Rome for Orte/Terni/Foligno or from the North on the Florence/Roma line via Arezzo, or from Ancona via Fabriano/Foligno.
A line C bus service from the station to Piazza Garibaldi, in front of the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli, runs 400m from us.
Alternatively you can take a taxi:
Radio Taxi Assisi: Via Arco dei Priori 1/a tel:- +39 075 813100
Service operates from 06.00 to 24.00 (from 24.00 to 06.00 upon booking).
The nearest airport is the Umbria International Airport of Perugia Sant’Egidio (12km).
Sant’Egidio is currently under development and modernisation: the design for the new airport is by architect Gae Aulenti. The airport has a free carpark and car hire services from national carhire companies. Alitalia/Air Alps connects the Perugia aiport with Milano Malpensa, further flights for Olbia, Palermo and Lamezia Terme. There are also international flights operated by Ryanair for Great London Stansted and Girona, by Belleair for Albania, Tirana and by Carpatair for Romania, Timisoara.
Car hire at Sant’Egidio Airport
Avis – Tel: +39 075 6929796 – www.avisautonoleggio.it
Maggiore – Tel: +39 075 6929276 – www.maggiore.it
Europcar – Tel: +39 075 6920615 – www.europcar.it
Hertz – Tel: +39 075 5928590 – www.hertz.it
Easycar – Tel: +39 075 7829314 – www.easycaritalia.it
A bus service runs from the airport to Perugia (15km, journey time 20 minutes). There are no direct buses to Assisi/Santa Maria degli Angeli, though an APM service (line E006) Perugia/Bettona/Assisi leaves from Piazza Partigiani in Perugia. A faster alternative is to take the train, which leaves from Fontivegge Station, Perugia, or to use the local taxi service.
Bus connection from/to Perugia – Terminal Aeroporto S. Egidio
Route: Piazza Italia – Stazione F.S. Fontivegge – Aeroporto S. Egidio and back.
Bus Comany Sulga/ A.C.A.P.
For timetables and other information freephone: 800.099.661
Tel: +39 075 5009641
www.sulga.it – firstname.lastname@example.org
cost € 3.50
Other suggested arrival airports are:
Aeroporto Giovan Battista Pastine – Roma Ciampino (km. 190)
Aeroporto Raffaello Sanzio – Ancona Falconara (km. 122)
Aeroporto Internazionale Leonardo da Vinci – Roma Fiumicino (km. 230)
• Direct connection between Aeroporto di Fiumicino and Roma Termini station Leonardo Express from 6 to 23 approx. 7 days a week. The service leaves every half hour in both directions, and the journey lasts 31 minutes.
• Bus Connection Assisi P.za S. Pietro – Roma Stazione Tiburtina
Cost: Assisi P.za S. Pietro – Roma Stazione Tiburtina One way € 17.50 – Return ticket €28
• Bus connection Perugia- Terminal Aeroporto di Roma Fiumicino
Cost: Perugia – Aeroporto Roma Fiumicino one way € 16 – return ticket €24
Bus company Sulga – www.sulga.it – tel: 80009966
Aeroporto Federico Fellini – Rimini – Repubblica di San Marino (km. 175)
Aeroporto Amerigo Vespucci – Firenze Peretola (km. 185)
Aeroporto Luigi Ridolfi – Forlì (km. 175)
Aeroporto Guglielmo Marconi – Bologna (km. 253)
Aeroporto Galileo Galilei – Pisa (km. 270)
• Hotel Frate Sole ***
• Year of construction: 1980
• First opened: 1982
• Floors: 3
• Rooms: 44
• Apartments: 4
• Power voltage: V 220
• Adsl ethernet and wi-fi internet connection
• Languages spoken by our staff: Italian, English, German, French
• Air conditioning throughout the hotel
• Free parking
• Sorella Luna restaurant
• Arrival (check-in): guests checking into their new room can do so from 2pm until midnight, unless other arrangements have been agreed with the management in advance. Please make sure you give us plenty of notice regarding your arrival time, particularly if this is outside the normal check-in times. Guests are nonetheless welcome to deposit their luggage with us at any time.
• Departure (check-out): rooms must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure, unless other arrangements have been agreed with the management in advance.
• Your room key will be handed to you on presentation of your booking voucher.
• As well as the booking voucher, all guests are requested by Italian law to provide valid ID. It is against the law for the hotel to accept guests without valid ID (art.109 leggi P.S. come modificato dall’art.7 punto 2 della L.203/95). The management will also present each guest with a personal details form that must be completed and returned to the management (Legge P.S. come modificata: dall’art.7 n.4 della L.203/95).
• Anyone intending to book a room at the hotel must be at least 18 years of age
• We do not accept pets
• Unless alternative arrangements have been made in advance, guests are expected to check-in directly at the hotel.
• Generally we do not concede partial refunds for guests that have not been able to occupy their rooms due to transport difficulties, mistakes or other personal reasons, be this resulting in late arrival or early departure.
• Unless extra beds have been agreed upon in advance with the reception, each room or apartment must be occupied only by the number of persons specified.
• All guests are kindly requested to respect the Hotel Regulation that is placed in all rooms.
• Currency: Euro
• Guaranteed booking via major credit cards
• Credit cards: Visa – MasterCard – Maestro – American Express – JCB – CUP – BancoPosta – PostePay
• Restaurant/fine foods
• Buffet breakfast
• 24 hours a day reception
• Non-smoking rooms
• Rooms/facilities for the disabled
• Quick check-in and check-out
• Air conditioning
• Luggage deposit
• Meeting/banqueting rooms
• Baby-sitting service
• Laudry service
• Room service – limited menu
• Currency exchange
• Credit cards and ATM cards accepted
• Fax service
• Photocopying service
• Internet point and wi-fi
• Tourist information
• Safe deposit for valuables
• Private car access
• Outdoor play area for children
• TV room
• Satellite TV
Our hotel has three different room types, each of which are named after St Francis’ Canticle of the Creatures: Madre Terra, Sorella Acqua and Frate Vento, and another category for our apartments.
The rooms named after the element of earth are both elegant and comfortable. Each has its own private bathroom, personalized courtesy kit, 14 ” satellite TV, hairdryer, telephone, air conditioning, pay as you go wi-fi internet connection (€1 every 30 minutes) and a small balcony.
The set of rooms named after the water element have all been entirely refurbished in 2005.
We have devoted particular attention to look and functionality in their furnishings, selecting pieces that are both simple and elegant.
21” satellite TV, minibar, safe, sommier bed rather than traditional mattress nets, pay as you go wi-fi internet connection (€1 every 30 minutes) and of course telephone, hairdryer, air conditioning and a small balcony.
The Frate Vento series of rooms, named after the air element, will surprise you with their immediate air of positive wellbeing.
All entirely renovated in 2010, these rooms have a modern and welcoming design. Each has its own 19” LED satellite television, safe, LED-lighting inside the closet, sommier bed, free wi-fi internet connection, minibar, air conditioning, telephone and small balcony. Some bathrooms also have a large glass shower door.
Our Residence Shalom apartments are situated in a highly central location, just 50 metres from the Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli.
Recently constructed, the apartments are made up of living room with kitchenette, fitted out with enough facilities to enable guests to be entirely autonomous, bathroom and large, 20 square meter bedroom.
The apartments offer guests every possible comfort, from minibar to flat screen TV, telephone connected to the hotel reception, air conditioning and a relaxing garden where you can read a good book or play with your children on the slide and miniature house.
You can park you car a short distance away or, after unloading your luggage, directly at the hotel parking area just 150 meters away.
Umbria tourist board
Servizio Turistico Territoriale – I.A.T. di Assisi
Piazza del Comune – 06081 Assisi
Tel. 075 8138680 / 8138681 – Fax 075 8138686
Assisi – Unesco World Heritage Site
• Roman Forum and archaeological collection
Via Portica, 2 – Assisi – Tel: 075 8155234
Open every day 10am – 6pm
• Pro Civitate Christiana contemporary art gallery
Via Ancajani, 3 – Assisi – Tel: 075 813231
Open every day 9.30am – 12.30pm / 4.30 – 6.30pm
Closed Wednesdays, Sundays and bank holidays
• Rocca Maggiore
Piazzale delle Libertà Comunali – Assisi – Tel: 075 815292
Open every day 10am until sunset – July and August 9am until sunset
• Pinacoteca Comunale
Via San Francesco, 12 – Assisi – Tel: 075 8155234
Open every day 10am – 6pm
• Museo Diocesano and Cripta di San Rufino
Piazza S.Rufino, 3 – Assisi – Tel: 075 812712
Summer opening times (March 16th – October 15th): 10am – 1pm / 3 – 6pm
Bank holidays, Saturdays and during the month of August: 10am – 6pm
Winter opening times (October 16th – March 15th): 10am – 1pm / 2.30 – 5.30pm
Over Christmas: 10am – 5.30pm
Closed Wednesdays, January 1st and December 25th
• Museo del Tesoro della Basilica di San Francesco and Collezione Perkins
Piazza San Francesco – Assisi – Tel: 075 819001
Open every day 9.30am – 5pm
Closed Sundays, August 15th, October 4th, from November through to February
• Museo delle arti e mestieri, della casa e della civiltà popolare
Via San Francesco, 15 – Assisi – Tel: 075 816674
Open every day 10.30am – 1pm / 3 – 6pm
• Museo di San Pietro and Cripta di San Vittorino
Piazza San Pietro, 1/B – Assisi – Tel: 075 8155204
Open every day 10am – 7pm
• Laboratorio ecologico di Geo-paleontologia
Località Cà Piombino – Assisi – Tel: 075 8155290
Open every day 9am – 1pm
Closed Saturdays and Sundays
• Museo della Porziuncola
Piazza della Porziuncola, 2 – Santa Maria degli Angeli – Assisi – Tel: 075 8051430
Open every day 9am – 12.30pm / 3.30 – 6.30pm
• Museo Pericle Fazzini
Piazza Garibaldi, 1/C – Santa Maria degli Angeli – Assisi – Tel: 075 8044586
Open every day 10am – 1pm / 4 – 7pm
Santa Maria degli Angeli – Mondays, Via A. de Gasperi
Bettona – Tuesdays, Piazza del mercato
Bastia Umbra – Fridays, Piazza Cavour
Assisi – Saturdays, Piazza Matteotti
Souvenir and craftwork shops are generally open every day from 8am to 8pm.
Food shops are generally open every day from 7.30/8am until 1pm and then from 4.30/5 until 7.30pm; closed Thursday afternoons, Sundays and holidays.
Acquasparta (TR) – Mercatino dell’antiquariato
Every third Sunday of the month
Corciano (PG) – Mostra Mercato Nazionale dell’Antiquariato e del Collezionismo
End of August
Città di Castello (PG) – Fiera del rigattiere e mercatino dell’antiquariato
Every first Saturday and Sunday of the month
Narni (TR) – Mercatino dell’antiquariato
Every third Saturday and Sunday of the month
Perugia (PG) – Mercatino dell’antiquariato
Every last Saturday and Sunday of the month
Pissignano, Campello sul Clitunno (PG) – Mostra mercato dell’antiquariato
Every first Sunday of the month
Spoleto (PG) – Mercato delle Briciole
Every second Sunday of the month
Todi (PG) – Mercatino dell’antiquariato
Every second Sunday of the month
Open 8.20am/1.20pm – 2.30/3.30pm
Closed Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays.
For further information: www.abi.it
Open 9am/1pm – 4/8pm
On Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays consult the opening rosters posted outside all pharmacies to see which pharmacy in the area is open.
For further information: www.farmacie.it
Weekday opening times: 8.10am-1.25pm.
Central post offices in main towns: 8.10am-6pm
For further information: www.posteitaliane.it
ACI – road assistance in the event of a breakdown 116 – www.aci.it
Health emergencies: 118
Polizia di Stato – emergency number: 113 – www.poliziadistato.it
Carabinieri – immediate assistance: 112 – www.carabinieri.it
Fire brigade: 115 – www.vigilfuoco.it
Environmental emergencies – Servizio Antincendi boschivo
Corpo Forestale delle Stato: 1515 – www.corpoforestale.it
Traffic information: CCISS Viaggiare informati: 1518 – www.cciss.rai.it
Guardia di Finanza: 117 – www.gdf.it
Telefono Azzurro Child Helpline: 1.96.96
Trasporti Umbria toll free number: 800.51.21.41
Qualified operators will answer queries on a range of public transport issues:
Ferrovie dello Stato
Call Center Trenitalia 89.20.21
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Passenger assistance, lost and found, complaints, services for the disabled
Tel. +39 075 5006865 – +39 0744 400233 – +39 0742 333268
Ferrovia Centrale Umbra
Stazione di Sant’Anna – Perugia
Tel. +39 075 5754038 – +39 075 575401 – www.fcu.it
Azienda Perugina della Mobilità
Strada Santa Lucia, 4 – Perugia
Tel. +39 075 506781 – www.apmperugia.it
Bookings: Piazza Partigiani – Tel. 075.5067894
Info and complaints: 800.51.21.41 (toll free number)
S.S. Flaminia km 127,700 – Spoleto – Tel. +39 0743.212208/9
Via Santocchia, 84 – Foligno – Tel. 0742.670746/7
Azienda Speciale Consorziale Trasporti Pubblici
Piazzale della Rivoluzione Francese – Terni
Tel. +39 0744 492711 – www.atcterni.it
Lake Trasimene navigation
Passignano sul Trasimeno – Tel. +39 075 829015
Daily bus services from Assisi to Rome and Florence:
Sulga – Tel. +39 075 5009641
Toll free number 800 099 661 – www.sulga.it
|Main Italian cities||Assisi||Main European cities||Assisi||Main European cities||Assisi|